What can be better before bed than a warm cup of honey and milk. It was always a favourite at my house. We even loved honey and milk so much we ate it with our cereal. I wanted all those memories of honey and milk so I searched for a recipe that incorporated both. Yum honey and milk bread!! What could be better?
Cut up 3 tablespoons of butter into cubes. This will make it easier to get the butter to melt when heat it in the milk.
Add 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cups of honey into a saucepan and heat until the honey has melted. Instead of melting the butter before hand, I added the butter to the warm honey milk mixture and allow the butter to melt. This helps speed up the cooling process. Leave the honey milk butter mixture to cool.
In a large bowl, start shifting the flour. This prevents any unwanted flour clumps. Flour clumps can cause lumps in the dough that can leave pockets of flour in cooked bread. Thats not the surprise you want to find when you bite into your slice. Shifting also increase the air and makes the dough fluffier. To the dry ingredients, I also adding baking powder and salt and omitted the pecans.
In a smaller bowl, whisk stir it into the cooled honey milk mixture. If you happen to do that, it will cause the egg to cook.
Slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients. You will end up with a slightly runny mixture. Remember not to mix it too much, you don’t want a tough bread.
Add this mixture to a loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 65-75 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Make sure to cool the bread before slicing it!!! I like to serve it warm with butter and it makes a great dish for a staff potluck!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter loaf pan.
- In medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup honey and milk; Stir over medium heat until honey dissolves.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Set aside to cool.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large mixer bowl.
- Add pecans and toss to coat.
- Set aside.
- Whisk egg into cooled milk mixture.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Beat at medium speed just until blended.
- Pour into pan and smooth top.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes until toothpick comes clean from center.
- Cool on rack 10 minutes, Remove and cool again on rack.
Check out other recipes on our blog https://eatitnoworeatitlater.com/recipes-list/