What is better than hot brownies, chewy chocolate chip cookies and Oreos? Don’t know? Slutty brownies of course!!! Its the combination of all 3 mashed into one deliciously baked square. Its perfect for those rainy days when you need a little indulgence.
Starting with the brownie layer. You want to melt the butter (10 tbsp) in a saucepan.
Turn off the heat and then add the 1 1/4 cup of sugar into the melted butter and stir until the sugar has melted.
Mix in the 3/4 cocoa powder into the sugary butter. At this stage the mixture might start thickening up. Don’t worry!! We are not done yet.
To this, add 1/2 tsp of salt, 2 tsp of vanilla extract, 2 room temperature eggs and 1/2 cup flour. The mixture should be a smooth shiny chocolate batter. Leave this batter to one side while you mix the cookie dough.
The next step is to make the cookie dough. Beat the room temperature butter (1/2 cup) until it is smooth. Slowly add 3/4 cup white sugar into the butter and then add the 1/4 cup brown sugar.
To this batter, add 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and the 1 room temperature egg. In a separate bowl, measure out 1 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp baking powder. Mix these dry ingredients so that everything is incorporated before mixing it with the wet ingredients. Combine and mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and beat at slow. Add the chocolate chips (really you don’t need to measure this! More or less is fine). Mix until the chocolate chips are evenly distributed in the cookie dough.
To assemble the slutty brownie for baking, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Line the baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper. This will make it easier for it to pop out of the tray when it is cooked. With the cookie dough, spread an even layer right at the bottom. Line the top of the cookie dough with a layer of Oreo cookies.
On top of the Oreo cookies, pour the brownie batter. The batter will creep into the crevices and stick everything together. Bake the slutty brownie for about 30-35 minutes. Take the brownies out and let it cool before cutting.
To showcase the layers, cut the brownies into squares and place on a plate. They look really neat and even taste even better!! Enjoy 🙂
Yield: 1 9×9 brownie pan
Serving Size: 16 brownies per recipe
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 package of Oreo (regular stuffed or double stuffed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For the Brownie layer:
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined. Add the flour and continue to mix. Set batter aside.
- For the Cookie Dough layer:
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set dough aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan with tin foil and then spray the tin foil with a layer of baking spray.
- Layer the cookie dough on the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan, pressing down to form the bottom of the slutty brownies.
- Layer as many oreos that will fit on top of the cookie dough. No need to overlap. One single layer will do.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the oreo layer and make sure it’s evenly layers on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the center is done. If the knife comes out clean, let the brownies rest before serving. If the knife comes out with batter still on it, allow the brownies to bake about 5 minutes more.
- Serve with ice cream 🙂
Check out other recipes on our blog https://eatitnoworeatitlater.com/recipe-list/