Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat. It is very versatile and can be cooked in many different ways. I love it in soup, in Chinese stir fry, baked in the oven, added to stews, smoothies and my favorite as chips. I was talking to my neighbor one day and he told me about making kale chips using his dehydrator. I was curious. I searched online and found this awesome recipe. I love potato chips and can eat a huge bag by myself so I thought to myself why not try this instead. Unfortunately I can’t remember the website I found it on. These kale chips were a big hit with my dragonboat team, Dragonboat Z. (Love you guys!) I always like to feed them healthy snacks on race day. What better way to eat your vegetables.
Find two large bunches of kale. Rinse well and remove the stems. Tear the leaves into pieces. Make sure these pieces are not too small since they will naturally break into smaller pieces when they are dry.
In a food processor, blend together the drained almonds, red pepper, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt ,and pepper.
Turn the temperature to 125 Degrees Fahrenheit and wait until the kale chips are nice and crisp. Make a second batch because these won’t last long!
Cheesy Kale Chips
- 1 1/2 – 2 bunches of kale, washed, dried, stems removed and torn into medium sized pieces
- 1 cup almonds, soaked for 2 hours or overnight
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice (I used one juice of one lemon)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- black pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Add all ingredients expect the kale to a high powered blender or food processor. Process until you get a smooth consistency.
- Massage sauce onto kale with hands.
- Dehydrate at 125° until crispy. (8-12 hours)
Check out other recipes on our blog https://eatitnoworeatitlater.com/recipes-list/